Printed electronics is being used and will be used to manufacture following devices:
- - Components of printed electronics (RFID tags, printed memory elements, printed batteries, etc.);
- - Flexible printed sensors (pressure, force, temperature, bending, gas sensors, etc.);
- - Flexible transparent displays;
- - Devices for human vital signs monitoring.
Components of printed electronics
Radio Frequency Identification Tags (RFID)
One of the most popular areas of printed electronics are RFID tags. However, electrically conductive pastes based on silver microparticles often do not allow to obtain the same electrical conductivity and radiation efficiency of antennas than those that made by copper etching.
We use electroconductive paste that has higher electrical conductivity and allows us to produce antennas on flexible polymer substrates. As a result, tags can be produced faster using eco-friendly method with characteristics that are not inferior to those based on copper.
Flexible Printed Sensors
Printed electronics technologies are successfully used to produce various printed sensors. These sensors are used for environment, industrial and residential monitoring due to their high performance, low cost and small size. Small size of printed sensors makes it easy to integrate sensors into wireless, portable and network solutions.
Thin layers and, therefore, variation of electrical properties when the composition of the material changes (oxidation, saturation with moisture, degradation, etc.) allow to create sensitive smaller size sensors.
Variation of electrical parameters of the structure makes it possible to record changes of various external factors, such as temperature, humidity, content of various gases, substances, etc.
Devices for human vital signs monitoring
An important advantage of electrically conductive traces made by printing method is their resistance to substrate stretching, as well as the possibility of printing them directly on textiles. T-shirt can become a device with printed connectors and electrodes on it that can monitor vital human indicators. This T-shirt can be washed, if electrically conductive traces are protected by a special compound. All necessary data can be displayed on the screen of your smartphone via wireless connection.
Flexible transparent displays
Flexible display is a display that can change its own form. The flexible display is qualitatively different from the most common traditional flat-panel displays, which are currently used in electronic devices. This is due to the non-use of glass in flexible displays, which gives the following advantages:
- Slimness: flexible displays are much thinner, because there is no need for cumbersome glass. - Weight: flexible displays are significantly lighter without the use of glass. - Durability: flexible displays are resistant to mechanical damages, the glass is fragile. - In the long term: flexible displays are cheaper.
- Slimness: flexible displays are much thinner, because there is no need for cumbersome glass.
- Weight: flexible displays are significantly lighter without the use of glass.
- Durability: flexible displays are resistant to mechanical damages, the glass is fragile.
- In the long term: flexible displays are cheaper.
The greatest interest is the possibility to use printed technologies for electronic books, smartphones and other consumer electronics.